Just before our 'Stamping with Brads' post from Anabelle, I just want to let you all know that we are still going through the piles of entries in our Queen & Co Summer competition! Look out after the 4th of July when we hope to post some winners!
Stamping with Brads.
Queen and Company big brads are the perfect addition to any project. But that's not all they can do. I used them to stamp and create some fun embellishments for my card. Here's how you can do it, too.
First, gather your materials - a big brad, Mod Podge, glitter, paper and brush.
Brush the Mod Podge onto the brad. Be sure not to put too much or it will mess up the shape of the image
Stamp the brad onto paper. The prongs are perfect for holding onto as you stamp.
Sprinkle glitter onto the wet adhesive. Shake off after a few minutes. You may need to stamp a couple of times to get the feel for how much Mod Podge works best. Also, 'rock' the brad back and forth a bit to get the edges stamped, too.
You can leave the glittered images as is. Or, you can do as I did and cut them out. I squirted some dimensional glaze on them to seal in the glitter. This gave them an 'epoxy' finish. Finally, I created my card and used them as an embellishment. (If you do add the glaze, let them dry over the course of several hours.)
The brads come in several styles so the possibilities are endless.
I knew I hadn't seen the last of the flocked brads we featured last week. Kristin Hayne hinted she might have some more creations with those brads, and she wasn't wrong, check this 4th of July bucket out!
Kristin always has a huge 4th of July party and this year she is making these goodie buckets for the kids!They are overflowing with all the good stuff - poppers and kid safe fireworks, what a truly FUN idea!
Kristin used Queen & CO. felt fusion, star brads, star jewels and star sequins. The tins were $1 at Target the handle is dressed with a decorative star garland.
Wicked COOL inspiration thanks Kristin, - enjoy your 4th of July, everyone!
Another month is nearly gone and with the 4th of July just around the corner we thought it was time for some 4th projects! This gorgeous card is by Sherry Wright using the new star mini felt fusion, star jewels, and star brads.
Quick Tip: Sherry added red glitter to the adhesive side of the mini star felt before adhering.
It's summer, school is out and we are gearing up for the 4th of July here at the Queen & Co blog. Kristin Hayne has put together a quick tutorial on creating your own flocked brads. Check back over the next few weeks for more 4th of July projects and ideas!
Here is a fun way to add texture and dimension to your already existing brads. Simply take a brad and paint a liquid adhesive to the surface and edges.
Next, press into a small pile of flocking and cover all surfaces.
Shake off excess and allow dry time.
That's it. Also, try adding a design to the brad by simply dotting glue on the surface to make polka dots.
We love creative outside-the-box use for the felt fusion and this happy colourful layout by Jen Perks is all that and more - check out her flower rainbows!
Jen cut a bunch of similar sized flowers out and lined them up, stuck them on, and put brads in their centers to make them look like a rainbow. One little tip--She didn't have enough red flowers, so painted some of the white ones - You can barely tell !
This is a fun layout with space for hidden journaling behind the photo. The clouds were based on patterns found in the paper piecing column of the May/June issue of BHG. Vicki Boutin did a super cute Pot O Gold layout--thanks for the inspiration, Vicki!
And thanks to Jen for sharing your layout, I predict many more flower rainbows on the horizon! Oh and don't forget to enter the Queen & Co summer compeititon - entries need to be in by the 23rd, scroll down for details!
Think outside the box with your Bold Shaped Brads and Felt Fusion! My friend took these photos of her children picking strawberries for me and I really wanted to do something creative with them. After looking through all my Queen & Co. goodies I realized I could turn the heart Bold Shaped Brads into strawberries with some little dots of Stickles glitter glue on them and pieces of the 1.6" Felt Fusion Scroll in green as the stems for the strawberries. It was as easy as:
Place Heart Bold Shaped Brad in layout.
Cut a piece of the 1.6" Felt Fusion Scroll in green and attach it to the top of the brad.
Make little dash marks with the Stickles glitter glue on the brad.
What has 17 photos, 2 pages, gorgeous Queen & Co felt and a sprinkling of Felt Frenzy flowers? This layout by Lisa VanderVeen of the Queen & Co design team. We haven't seen many double page layouts on the blog, infact I think this could just about be the first. What a gorgeous, fun layout, thanks Lisa! (Click to view a larger version).
*Don't forget to check out our Summer Competition! We've already started seeing a few entries filtering in, we'd love to see more!
It's winter where I am, my heating is out due to renovations so I need a little warmth in my life - "what better than an inbox full of amazing summer creations" I thought to myself - and so the idea for this contest was born.
We have 3 packages of amazing NEW Queen & Co mini felt waiting for 3 people and it's EASY to enter. Here's how:
1. Create a summer creation using Queen & Co embellishments. You can use any papers and/or cardstock, and other embellishments as well, but it'll be the ones that use a predominant amount of Queen & Co product that will catch our judges eyes!
2. Creation can be anything - tags, cards, layouts, mini books, altered items - anything!
3. Create a jpeg of your creation and resize so that your whole email to me will be under 500kb. Click the 'email me' link at the top left, place "Queen & Co Summer Contest" in the subject line and send it through by the 23rd of June! You will need to include your name, address, jpegs and any tips, tricks or techniques you want us to notice.
4. Entries will be judged on your creation and how much effort you put in, creative use of Queen & Co products and how much chocolate you send to the judges. Judges decisions are final and no corrospondence will be entered into. Contest is not open to Queen & Co employees or DT members.
5. Winners will be notified by email by the 30th of June. There will be 3 winners, each receiving a parcel of new Queen & Co mini-felt. Each and every entry will be considered as material for a future blog post, entries remain the right of Queen & Co until the 30th of June, when rights are returned to the entrant. If Queen & Co wishes to use any entry as part of a future blog post, the entrant will be asked nicely by email for the right to do so. :o)